June 30, 2013

KPOP RANDOM TALK CORNER #2

Annyeong ~ C:

Today comes the second post of this serie of entries kkk About what do I want to talk today? I hope it will be interesting c:  You can maybe relate to it, maybe not. Korean Music is not simply music for everyone.

 What does Korean Music mean to me?

Yeah today I will write about K-music one of my biggest passion kkk. Let´s start ! I started to listen to it regularly in 2009. Before I only listened to J-music and the charts. At that time - like many teenagers xD - I was in a finding phase. I didn´t know who I was and what I like and how I should behave. Do I want to be the same as the others and like things that I didn´t really like or should I be different from the others, but therefore they would look at me strangely? I had good friends who supported my different taste, but somehow I was really lost in summer 2009. I am normally the kind of active, out-going person but at that time I was really depressive and lost - I shut myself off from everything and everyone and of course like this I felt very lonely. Confused and not motivated to do anything I played with thoughts which I should never thought.

>> You're pushing and pulling me down to you
But I don't know what I wantNo, I don't know what I want!

Now when I caught myself, I had to stop myselfFrom saying something that I should've never thought <<
Paramore - I caught myself

Like this my "consumption" of metal, hard rock music increased and yes I think my personality got darker too xD But after listening to DBSK´s  Wrong number - I was ready to change myself. Even though the song is about break up but somehow I could relate myself to it. It helped me over the separation from my friends. 


>>You pretend to be interested, as if it's for me. I'm just your puppet.
"No" shouldn't be the word that makes you uneasy
Just let me go, say
In order for me to escape, help me.
Say We could've started again, but we've gone already too far
I'll erase everthing - Erase everything
I'll change everything - Change everything
The number that reminds me of you is the password - The password
The ringtone, which rang when my name appeared on your phone
Erase all. Reset, reset. <<

It encouraged me to do something, not to lay around and be depressive anymore. Soon I immersed into a new world in which other like-minded people were. Listening to many songs of DBSK I started to believe in me again and I could define myself. Somehow it was easier - everything seems easier with this new music genre. At happy times I listened to cheerful music - at bad times to sad songs. Listening to Korean Music is really different. I especially listened at bad time BIGBANG´s greatest hits - Haru Haru and Geojitmal. And they are still my favourite songs. 

It is no exaggeration to say that K-Music changed my life and character. Being the person today - I have to thank my family, friends and also the great artists who give us strength with their hard work and music. What changed - you may ask. I think I am more passionate, determined, caring than back then. My attitude towards life and my motivation in general  has changed. I became a more easy-going person who does not think too much about a small matter. Furthermore I am not planning everything in detail anymore - because this leds to more unhappiness if you can´t achieve it. 

All these things seems to be fullfilled with other music genre too - so what is so special about k-pop? I think everyone has his own niche in which ones feels the most comfortable. Mine lays in k-music. It touch me more than any other music genre (with exceptions). "Mainstream" has mostly cheerful music which have no meaning at all ( I said mostly) this is why many people listen to it. Many people need music to emote feelings through music and then it is outside of  mainstream and rather in other genres. Now why Kpop is so special - for me it was a whole new experience to communicate with such passionate fans. It was very new to me to see how hard the artisst work to make their fans happy- and I am still very greatful to them.

All in all, Korean music plays a big part in my life - it may sound strange/weird/whatever but it will be always a part of me. I hope you understand me - I am not bashing on "mainstream" and other genres. I am not saying that other genres are bad. I also listen to Matchbox 20, Paramore, Ryan Star, Nelly, Eminem and many other hiphop artists. I am very open to every genre of every country :)

How about you all? Does Korean music play a role in your life? Or any other music ? 

I am very greatful to everyone who read this super long entry till the end *bows* Thank you all ♥ And comment if you want to - I want to know you opinions ! C:

- Love Min Hee

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Korean music plays a role in my life, but it's just a small one. I'm more into J-Rock and bands like All Time Low, pierce the veil, Asking Alexandria and so on. I love DBSK and BigBang though *-*
    I think a lot of their lyrics are truly inspiring ^^ ♥

    you got a nice blog, girl. keep it up :D

    xoxo Chrissi & Maya
    http://angels-withdirty-wings.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh it's like you read my mind! I feel the same way about Kpop music, I'm not sure what it is but I just love it and it's a big part of my life now. Korean culture and Kpop influences my style, behavior and even my general outlook on life^^

    If you like come check out my blog, let me know if you'd like to follow eachother ~ I'd love to hear from you(:

    http://emilymarysia.blogspot.co.uk/
    -Emily xx

    ReplyDelete